Cool #Chrome Extensions: Too Long Didn't Read #GoogleEDU

I am always on the lookout for inspiration for stories on my blog. On Saturday, I spent the day with a group of passionate educators at the Buck's County IU in Doylestown, PA to learn about Google. This opportunity inspired me to write about some of the great tools and extensions I learned about, which will enhance your Google experience. Enjoy!

Did you ever give students a reading assignment that they didn't read? Have you ever wanted to read a particular article, but it was way too long? If there is not enough time in the day, you hate reading, or you just want a more efficient way of browsing the web, the Too Long Didn't Read (TLDR) may be for you. 

What is it? 

TLDR is a free plugin you can install on your browser to condense long articles into a brief synopsis. Once the plugin is installed, you can visit any webpage you would like. Click on the TLDR icon and you will receive several different options to view your selected article. 
  • Summary - provides a brief summary of the article, so you can decide whether or not to read it or not!
  • Short, medium, or long summaries of the article. Think of these as the Cliff Notes version.
  • The original article with all of the junk filtered out. 

Want to see it in action? 


How can it be used in the classroom? 

This is the perfect tool for helping students conduct research because they can receive a synopsis of the article before choosing to read the entire. It can save time and energy. It could also be used to help students remove unnecessary distractions to the article, which is especially important for students with learning disabilities and trouble reading.



November is Clicks for a Cause Month!
Last November, I started a new tradition called "Clicks for a Cause." The concept was easy. You visit my blog, I donate!

I would like to continue again this year! For each visit to my blog during November, I would donate a penny to help baby Adam Maldonado and his family. Adam has been through more surgeries and procedures in his short life time, than most of us have been through our entire life. See his story here

At the end of November, I will be making a contribution to the family's GoFundMe page, to help with the enormous medical bills his heart procedures have cost. 

How can you get involved?
  • Visit and share my blog with others. I have others who are matching my contribution. The more clicks, the more money we raise! 
  • Like Adam's Facebook page and keep updated on his condition.
  • Pray for Adam and his family!
  • Make a contribution to the family's  GoFundMe page
  • Please contact me if you have any questions or if you have a  HEART to help a child in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Medium is the Message: Using UDL to Provide Multiple Means of Representation

Canadian philosopher and author Marshall McLuhan  introduced the popular phrase “the medium is the message” in his groundbreaking 1964 book ...